Applying for a Secondary School place for September 2021
For parents of children in Year 6 : Information on how to apply for a secondary school place can be found at Northamptonshire County Council.
Applications need to be submitted no later than 5pm on 31st October 2020.
Due to the Covid-19 situation, secondary schools will not be holding traditional open evenings for parents to attend. A summary of the information Northampton secondary schools are providing for pupils due to start secondary school in September 2021 can be found here.
Originally built in 1969, we were re-furbished and extended under the Northampton Town review in 2002. As well as 14 classrooms, we have a studio that we use for music, drama and other activities and a well-equipped ICT suite.
Our extensive grounds include a pond area, quiet garden, adventure park, swing bay and wooded spinney and are used to extend the learning beyond the classroom.
Whitehills Primary is a welcoming school, with happy children who enjoy their education. We invite you to browse our website to discover more about us.
The staff and Governors at Whitehills Primary School believe that the education we provide should influence and reflect the kind of society we want for our children in the future. It is important, therefore to recognise a broad set of common values that underpin and inform all that we do.
Our core values are:
Our full values and vision document can be downloaded here.
Specifically our school should be a place where:
• Everyone feels valued, safe, happy and secure
• Positive relationships are promoted between everyone
• Everyone is treated as an individual and their self esteem is encouraged
• All children are enabled to make progress to the best of their ability
• Impeccable behaviour is promoted at all times
• Everyone participates in a curriculum that takes account of the richness and diversity of the world’s cultures so that they can develop understanding
• Everyone feels free from harassment and racial discrimination
• Everyone has equality of opportunity and respect for people of different racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
• Everyone develops a feeling of community which prepares them for their role in their wider community
• Everyone can respect their environment
• Everyone is trustworthy, honest and open