SEND Teaching Assistants (2 positions are available)
Salary: Grade D point 3 (£21,540) Salary quoted is the full time equivalent, part-time posts will be paid pro rata
Job Type: Permanent
Vacancy Type: Support Staff
Hours Per Week: 25
Previous experience of working with children is essential, alongside a proven track record of strong and consistent behaviour management and the ability to support a child with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. We are looking to employ 2 candidates who are passionate about working with children; have excellent communication skills and can demonstrate a calm and nurturing manner to encourage a growth mind-set enabling all our children to achieve their full potential, both socially and academically. Within the role you will be expected to:
- Support a child within the class, individually or in small groups following the National Curriculum
- Work alongside the class teacher adjusting learning in order to meet the individual needs of the child/children
- Assist with the planning, development and implementation of personal support plans and personal care plans to ensure the school’s health and safety, behaviour and safeguarding policies are maintained
- Support the child/children with the development of social skills
- Meet the SENCo regularly to review the progress of the child/children
- Liaise with parents in line with school policy
- Liaise with teachers and school staff regarding the needs and progress of the child/children receiving support and the sharing of knowledge and ideas from training sessions and other school staff as needed
- Support the child/children during the lunchtime period
The hours of work will be 08:45 – 15:15 Monday to Friday, with 30 minutes lunch break
Interviews will be held on Thursday 20th April 2023
One position to start as soon as possible. One position to start 1st September 2023.
Whitehills Primary School is a two-form entry school, with a welcoming ethos which is recognised by all who visit our setting. The staff, parents and governors work collaboratively to ensure our pupils and families have the best outcomes during their learning journey with us. Through our creative curriculum and stimulating learning environment, children have many different opportunities to develop into independent thinkers and lifelong learners. Central to our ethos are our core values of respect, responsibility and hard work which all staff members within our school are expected to uphold.
All appointments are subject to our Safer Recruitment Policy and an enhanced DBS will be carried out. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this vision.
As part of Keeping Children Safe in Education, we may complete online searches as part of our due diligence when short-listing candidates.
SEN Teaching Assistant Job Description
SEN Teaching Assistant Person Specification