Thank you for visiting our website.
At Whitehills, we pride ourselves on the fact that we are a successful school and that, even though it is large, it has a family atmosphere and staff and children forge excellent relationships. We have worked hard to ensure that children realise their potential academically, personally and physically, while we encourage and celebrate success through the journey of starting with us in Reception, and leaving us in Year 6. We want all our children to enjoy school and understand that learning is the key to unlock future success. As a staff, we recognise the vital part we play in this and will continue to better ourselves to ensure standards improve by being life-long learners.
We place great emphasis on the service we provide for our community and see this as an integral part of our partnership with our children and families. We believe that all children are entitled to a first-class education that will ready them for a diverse and forward-thinking society. We aim to ensure that our children have access to high quality learning experiences, where emotional well-being, academic achievement, physical development, high expectations, resilience and respect are placed firmly at the centre of all we do.
Specifically our school should be a place where:
- Everyone feels valued, safe, happy and secure
- Positive relationships are promoted between everyone in our school community
- Everyone is treated as an individual with dignity and their self-esteem is encouraged
- All children are enabled to make progress to the best of their ability
- Impeccable behaviour is promoted at all times
- Everyone participates in a curriculum that takes account of the richness and diversity of the world’s cultures and that reflect the modern world
- Everyone feels free from harassment and discrimination
- Everyone has equality of opportunity and respect for people of different racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Everyone develops a feeling of community which prepares them for their role in their wider community
- Everyone can respect their environment
- We promote and develop trustworthy, honest and open children in our school community
- We promote British Values as defined by the Department for Education
To discover how we promote British Values in our school, please download the document below.
If you would like further information about Whitehills Primary School, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you enjoy looking at our website, find it informative and become a frequent visitor.
Natalie James – Headteacher